Lecture and Hands- On Program
General Knowledge Suggested
Nearly 25 years after the introduction of Nickel Titanium Rotary Instrumentation to endodontics, we’ve learned much about the clinical strengths and limitations of these great instruments. With recent improvements in metallurgy, enhanced designs, and innovative rotary file motions, we need to understand how these changes affect clinical instrumentation. Furthermore, we must take advantage of these improvements to create an instrumentation protocol that combines Safety with Simplicity! In this presentation, a new reciprocating technique will be introduced that will result in safe, efficient instrumentation for all root canal types. After attending this presentation, be ready to improve your instrumentation predictability while dramatically reducing instrument separation. Furthermore, a simple yet effective obturation method will be introduced that combines the latest in material science with endodontic synchronicity for passive, bonded root canal obturation.
All participants will have the opportunity to validate these concepts during the hands-on session. Real World Endo remains dedicated to the preservation of the natural dentition. At the conclusion of this presentation, participants:
1. Will learn how rotary file design features influence instrumentation safety and efficiency.
2. Will discover the most effective instrument motions available for shaping root canals and their advantages and limitations.
3. Will completely understand the need to utilize piezoelectric ultrasonics in both access and three-dimensional irrigation.
4. Will fully appreciate the benefits of bioceramic obturation and the incorporation of matching posts.
5. Will recognize that ‘Great Endodontics’ can be accomplished in both a safe and simple manner. The key is to combine new technology with long established, evidence-based endodontic principles.