This Mastership three-day lecture and hands on program will provide detailed methods to improve clinical patient care and will demonstrate how endodontic therapy can be precise, predictable and enjoyable. Endodontics has evolved considerably in the recent past with the aim of improving patient satisfaction while improving the clinical quality of care. During this multiple day mastership program, we will focus on various aspects of endodontic care spanning from diagnosis and access to precision instrumentation and obturation. The emphasis is based on the clinical management of patients with the goal of acquiring the knowledge base to deliver efficient and predictable endodontic care while reducing file separation, ledging and transportation. This course will cover phases of non-surgical endodontics such as access, diagnostic tools, biomechanical debridement, documentation, endodontic re-treatment as well as apical and peri- radicular surgery. Specifics will include:
• 1-Efficient rotary instrumentation: Advantages of conservative taper preparation as a new “Blended Technique” will be introduced resulting in safe, efficient instrumentation for all root canal types.
• 2-Debridement of oval and irregular shaped canals; Enhanced disinfection and benefits of piezoelectric ultrasonics improving the long-term prognosis of the tooth. Non- surgical endodontic re-treatment and advantages of integrated apex locator/handpiece technology will also be discussed.
• 3- Obturation: Hydraulic Condensation as the latest 3-D bonded obturation method incorporating Bio-Ceramic sealer technology. Precise obturation of large under- developed irregular canals and one visit apexification will be discussed step by step.
• 4- Restoration of endodontically treated teeth; perforation repair; efficient drill- less anatomical post preparation and placement; safe access trough crowns: and post
• 5 – Basics of apical and peri-radicular surgery: Effective root resection, apical preparation and Bio-Ceramic retrograde obturation techniques.
• 6- Effective Non-vital Intra-coronal Bleaching will also be covered.
Hands on component will include:
• Rotary instrumentation with the ESBlend Technique, using Non-heat treated and heat-treated files.
• Obturation using Hydraulic Bonded 3-D Condensation, perforation repair using the latest Bio-ceramic root repair materials and will also practice drill-less post preparation and placement.
• Place Bio-Active (Bio-mimetic restorative materials) and how they can be used in conjunction with Bio-Ceramics in endodontics.
• Plastic teeth and plastic blocks with simulated canals will be provided for your convenience.