|LECTURE PRESETNATION: Nearly 25 years after the introduction of Nickel Titanium Rotary Files to endodontics, we’ve learned much about the clinical strengths and limitations of these great instruments. Due to recent improvements in metallurgy, enhanced designs, and innovative rotary file motions, we now need to understand how these changes affect clinical instrumentation. Furthermore, we must take advantage of these improvements to create an instrumentation protocol that combines Safety with Simplicity. As a result of recent advances in metallurgy, we now have both heat treated and non-heat treated rotary files. They each possess different properties and both have indications for use as well as limitations. Therefore, these improvements should be employed to their utmost advantage. Consequently, a blended technique has been created that combines the advantages of both heat treated and non-heat treated files into one Awesome Endodontic Technique!!!
During this lecture component, participants will learn:
1. Learn how rotary file design influences instrumentation safety and efficiency.
2. Comprehend the advantages of heat-treated files and how best to use them.
3. 3Discover the most effective instrument motions available for shaping root canals and their advantages and limitations.
NOTE: In order to participate in this hands-on session, it is necessary to complete the lecture program.
HANDS-ON SESSION:In this hands-on workshop, this new “Blend Technique” will be introduced and participants will learn how to use it effectively in all root canal types. After attending this workshop, you will improve your instrumentation predictability while dramatically reducing instrument separation. Furthermore, a simple yet effective obturation method will be introduced that combines the latest in material science with endodontic synchronicity for passive, bonded root canal obturation. All participants will have the opportunity to validate these concepts during the workshop. Get ready to improve your instrumentation predictability and gutta percha cone-fit while dramatically reducing instrument separation. At the conclusion of this hands-on workshop, participants will:
1. Fully understand the need to combine the latest technology with long established, evidence-based endodontic principles.
2. Completely understand the need to utilize piezoelectric ultrasonics in both access and three-dimensional irrigation.
3. Fully appreciate the benefits of bioceramic obturation and the incorporation of matching posts.
4. Recognize that ‘Great Endodontics’ can be accomplished in both a safe and simple manner. The key is to combine new technology with long established, evidence-based endodontic principles.