|This course is geared principally toward the general dentist who wishes to do more (and better!) endodontics and the recent dental graduate who feels somewhat intimidated by endodontics. Most undergraduate dental schools have such a busy curriculum that minimal time is devoted to clinical endodontics. Consequently, this course will be dedicated to such issues as practical diagnosis, when to refer, how to achieve profound anesthesia, minimization of iatrogenic errors, various instrumentation techniques, and obturation options. Whether you do twenty-five cases a year or two hundred cases, this course will help you get to the next level of competency in endodontics This course will include a significant hands-on component as well as a thorough Q & A session with Dr. Koch & Dr. Evans, both of whom worked as general dentists prior to their specialty careers. This is a unique opportunity!!
After this course attendees will be able to:
- Recognize the challenges of performing endodontic therapy
- Understand how to get patients profoundly numb
- Gain a better sense of endodontic instrumentation and metallurgy
- Identify the myriad benefits of bioceramic technology
- Explain the meaning of an “Endo-Restorative Continuum”
- Understand the role of endodontics in the overall treatment plan