At the conclusion of this lecture, participants:
- Will learn how rotary file design features influence instrumentation safety and efficiency.
- Will discover the most effective instrument motions available for shaping root canals and their advantages and limitations.
- Will fully understand the need to combine the latest technology with long established, evidence-based endodontic principles.
Instrument safety: Reciprocation vs. Rotation. Which is better?: Instrument safety and efficiency are components of our decision-making process when choosing endodontic nickel titanium files for clinical use. In this lecture, Dr. Evans will discuss the role that instrument design and motion play in promoting safety while generating excellent outcomes. This lecture will specifically address the role of instrumentation motions such as rotation vs. reciprocation and will describe the best ways to optimize each motion. Additionally, the best indications for use and contraindications for each motion will be fully discussed and demonstrated. After completing the program, participants will have a better understanding of instrument design, motion, and the various techniques for optimizing safety during root canal instrumentation.
At the end of the Lecture, participants will understand:
- Clinical advantages and disadvantages of rotary instruments.
- Clinical advantages and disadvantages of reciprocating instruments.
- Understand the application of crown down technique to reciprocation motion
- Be introduced to a novel reciprocation system utilizing the crown down technique. The full nature of bonded endodontic obturation using a bioceramic sealer.