Course Description: This presentation is geared principally toward the recent dental graduate who feel somewhat intimidated by endodontics. Most undergraduate dentals schools have such busy curriculums that minimal time is devoted to clinical endodontics. Consequently, this session will be dedicated to such issues as practical diagnosis, the importance of straight line access, when to refer, how to achieve profound anesthesia, minimization of iatrogenic errors, various instrumentation techniques and obturation options that make sense. This presentation will include a 15-minute Q & A session.
- Be able to recognize and comprehend what well done endodontics can accomplish for their patient.
- Have a more thorough understanding of diagnosis, instrumentation, and obturation.
- Be able to diagnose and anesthetize “hot teeth.”
- Have a better understanding of file design and metallurgy.
- Fully understand the rationale behind bioceramic sealers.
- Acknowledge that endodontics and restorative dentistry are not distinct entities. It is truly an Endo-Restorative Continuum.
Course Description: Nearly 25 years after the introduction of Nickel Titanium Rotary Files to endodontics, we’ve learned much about the clinical strengths and limitations of these great instruments. As a result of recent improvements in metallurgy, enhanced designs, and innovative protocols, we now need to understand how these changes affect clinical instrumentation.
As a result of recent advances in metallurgy, we now have both heat treated and non-heat treated rotary files. They each possess different properties and both have distinct indications for use, as well as limitations. Drs. Koch believes that these improvements should be employed to their utmost advantage. Consequently, a blended technique has been developed that combines the advantages of both heat treated and non-heat treated files into one Awesome Endodontic Technique!!! A technique that is completely intuitive by design!
- Discover how the “Blend Technique” is completely intuitive in its design.
- Comprehend the advantages of heat-treated files and how best to use them.
- Recognize the advantages of enhanced irrigation techniques utilizing various new solutions.
- Fully understand the benefits of piezoelectric ultrasonics in both access and three-dimensional irrigation.
- Understand the meaning of an Endo-Restorative Continuum and will appreciate its origins.
- Fully acknowledge the benefits of bioceramic obturation and the incorporation of matching posts.
- Appreciate that ‘Great Endodontics’ can be accomplished in both a safe and predictable manner. The key is to combine new technology with long established, evidence-based endodontic principles.