Lecture Presentation: Nearly 31 years since the introduction of Nickel Titanium Rotary Files to endodontics, we’ve learned much about the clinical strengths and limitations of these great instruments. As a result of recent improvements in metallurgy, enhanced designs, and innovative rotary file motions, we now need to understand how these changes affect clinical instrumentation. Furthermore, in parallel to improvements in instrumentation technology, root canal obturation has been revolutionized in the area of cement/sealer technology. These obturation improvements are allowing more efficient obturation techniques at lower costs. Finally, combining improvements on both instrumentation and obturation front is now allowing us to create more efficient instrumentation and obturation techniques that are safe, simple, and predictable. During this presentation, Dr. Fleury will talk about these points with specific emphasis on access, irrigation, instrumentation, and obturation.
1. Learn how rotary file design, metallurgy and motion influences instrumentation safety and efficiency.
2. Comprehend the advantages of bioceramic based obturation and clinical techniques for its implementation.
3. Discover how instrumentation and obturation protocols can be combined as a comprehensive system to achieve both efficiency and predictability in most clinical situations
Lecture Presentation: In this lecture program, Dr. Fleury will focus on current concepts of root canal access preparation, instrumentation, and obturation. Emphasis will be placed on clinical factors that help improve the long-term successful outcomes when utilizing modern and efficient techniques. This lecture will include a discussion on the use of effective irrigation protocols to improve clinical outcomes and incorporating ultrasonic technology during the irrigation phase of treatment. A blended instrumentation technique that combines heat-treated and non-heat treated files to achieve a robust instrumentation protocol and incorporating a bioceramic based obturation technique for simple and effective root canal obturation will also be discussed. Dr. Fleury will showcase details to help all attendees gain their own ‘how-to’ understanding about the blended technique. This ‘must-see’ event will also include a simple drill-less post technique discussion along with techniques for achieving profound local anesthesia and controlling post-operative pain.
1. Learn a robust blended instrumentation system achieving safe cleaning and shaping of a variety of root canal shapes and sizes.
2. Learn to obturate the shaped canals with a simple and efficient, bioceramic based obturation technique.
3. Learn how to achieve profound local anesthesia for root canal treatment
*Financial Relationship – Honorarium: Real World Endo; Material Support: Brasseler USA.