Endodontic Challenges for Recent Graduates: This presentation is geared principally toward the recent dental graduate who feels somewhat intimidated by endodontics. Many recent graduates have had minimal exposure to clinical endodontics in dental school. Consequently, this session will be dedicated to such issues as practical diagnosis, the importance of straight-line access, case selection, how to achieve profound anesthesia, minimization of iatrogenic errors, various instrumentation techniques and contemporary obturation options.
• Conceptualize endodontics in a more comprehensive manner
• Understand diagnosis, instrumentation, and obturation
• Diagnose and anesthetize “hot teeth
• Understand the meaning of an “Endo-Restorative Continuum.”
How to Properly Use Heat Treated and Non-Heat Treated Files Workshop: This hands-on workshop begins with a brief review of the rotary instrumentation and a hands-on demonstration. The clinician demonstrates how to use heat treated properly, and non-heat treated files- rotary files (the Blend Technique) and shows the best way to use bioceramic technology. Following the demonstration, participants are encouraged to practice the various techniques. • Perform rotary instrumentation utilizing a “Rhythm” motion • Understand what causes the separation of rotary files and how best to prevent them • Successfully obturate a tooth or block using the hydraulic condensation technique • Comprehend the need for piezo-electric ultrasonics and their benefit in clinical endodontics
Advanced Endodontics for General Practitioners Workshop: This hands-on session confirms concepts introduced during Dr. Koch’s lecture. The hands-on will begin with a review of How to Prevent the Separation of Rotary Files. The Blend Technique (basic & advanced) will also be introduced clinically and Dr. Koch will demonstrate how to properly use heat treated and non-heat treated files rotary files. Hydraulic condensation will be performed by all attendees and Dr. Koch will describe the best ways to use bioceramic technology in challenging cases. Piezo electric ultrasonics will be available and everyone will have the opportunity to work with a new digital imaging system.
• Upon completion, the participant shall be able to predictably perform the Blend Technique in both simple and advanced cases.
• Upon completion, the participant will have a more thorough understanding of what causes the separation of rotary files and how best to prevent them.
• Upon completion, the participant will be able to successfully use a piezo-electric ultrasonic unit for finding hidden canals.
• Upon completion, participants will understand they keys to perforation repair.
Financial Relationship – Honorarium: Real World Endo; Material Support: Brasseler USA.