The lecture session will address endodontics from both an advanced perspective and from a restorative point of view. The key in making endodontics profitable is being able to do cases consistently well and in manner that leads directly to the final restoration.
Doing a root canal with destruction of tooth structure makes restoration challenging if not impossible. In this presentation, Dr. Koch will emphasize the concept of linking endodontics with restorative dentistry and will demonstrate how important it is to be “living in the world of a constant taper” when performing rotary instrumentation.
A completely intuitive way of instrumenting a root canal (the Blend Technique) will also be discussed, as well as an update on bioceramic technology. Direct and indirect pulp caps as well as perforation repair will all be fully discussed.
Upon completion, you will:
- comprehend the endo-restorative relationship and describe the latest techniques used to achieve predictable success.
- have a thorough understanding of the multiple advantages gained by doing a constant taper preparation technique.
- be able to evaluate the changing paradigm in endodontics and realize that adult pulp caps potentially have a place in select endodontic cases.
- be able to predictably perform the Blend Technique in both simple and advanced cases.
- have a more thorough understanding of the many virtues of a true bioceramic cement and hydraulic condensation.
- be able to successfully use a piezo-electric ultrasonic unit for finding hidden canals.
The afternoon hands-on session confirms concepts introduced during the morning lecture. The Blend Technique will be introduced clinically, and a demonstration will be given concerning how to properly use heat treated and non-heat treated files rotary files.
Hydraulic condensation will be performed by all attendees and Dr. Koch will work with each individual doctor. As final validation, all participants are encouraged to instrument a tooth or block while looking directly at Dr. Koch, not the canal!!
Please bring any accessed extracted teeth you may want to work on