Lecture & Hands on Presentation: Join Dr. Fleury in this down to earth course with a real-world approach to endodontic treatment. As a result of recent improvements in metallurgy, enhanced designs, and innovative rotary file motions, we now need to understand how these changes affect clinical instrumentation. Root canal obturation has been revolutionized in the area of cement/sealer technology. These obturation improvements are allowing more efficient obturation techniques at lower costs. Create more efficient instrumentation and obturation techniques that are safe, simple, and predictable. During this presentation, Dr. Fleury will talk about these points with specific emphasis on access, irrigation, instrumentation, and obturation. This all day ‘must see’ event will also include a demonstration that showcases a simple instrumentation and obturation system. After attending this workshop, you will have a full understanding of this system which will help improve the predictability of your cases while dramatically reducing instrument separation. All participants will have the opportunity to validate these concepts during the workshop. Acrylic blocks will be used for this exercise. If available, participants are encouraged to bring sterile accessed, and canal validated extracted teeth representative of the kind of cases they do clinically.
1. Learn how file design, metallurgy and motion influences instrumentation safety and efficiency.
2. Comprehend the advantages of bioceramic based obturation and clinical techniques for its implementation.
3. Discover how instrumentation and obturation protocols can be combined as a comprehensive system to achieve both efficiency and predictability in most clinical situations.
4. Be able to describe the proper protocol for safe and effective instrumentation of a given canal and cone fit for obturation in different scenarios.
5. Describe the simple, bonded obturation technique of the fitted gutta percha in the prepared canal.
6. Be able to utilize the advantage of Hydraulic Condensation to prepare a quick post space in the canal, when needed.
Please bring 2 – 3 accessed, extracted teeth you may want to work on.
*Financial Relationship – Honorarium: Real World Endo; Material Support: Brasseler USA.