Lecture Presentation: Nearly 30 years since the introduction of Nickel Titanium Rotary Files to endodontics, we’ve learned much about the clinical strengths and limitations of these great instruments. As a result of recent improvements in metallurgy, enhanced designs, and innovative rotary file motions, we now need to understand how these changes affect clinical instrumentation. Furthermore, in parallel to improvements in instrumentation technology, root canal obturation has been revolutionized in the area of cement/sealer technology. These obturation improvements are allowing more efficient obturation techniques at lower costs. Finally, combining improvements on both instrumentation and obturation front is now allowing us to create more efficient instrumentation and obturation techniques that are safe, simple, and predictable. During this presentation, Dr. Fleury will talk about these points with specific emphasis on access, irrigation, instrumentation, and obturation. During this lecture component, participants will learn:
- Learn how rotary file design, metallurgy and motion influences instrumentation safety and efficiency.
- Comprehend the advantages of bioceramic based obturation and clinical techniques for its implementation.
- Discover how instrumentation and obturation protocols can be combined as a comprehensive system to achieve both efficiency and predictability in most clinical situations.
Prerequisite: In order to participate in this hands-on session, it is necessary to complete the lecture program.
Hands on Workshop**: In this hands-on workshop, a simple instrumentation and obturation system will be demonstrated. After attending this workshop, you will have a full understanding of this instrumentation and obturation system which will help improve the predictability of your cases while dramatically reducing instrument separation.
All participants will have the opportunity to validate these concepts during the workshop. Plastic blocks will be used for this demonstration. If available, participants are encouraged to bring sterile accessed and canal validated extracted teeth representative of the kind of cases they do clinically. PLEASE NOTE: wisdom teeth are excluded.
At the conclusion of this hands-on workshop, participants will:
- Be able to describe the proper protocol for safe and effective instrumentation of a given canal and cone fit for obturation in different scenarios.
- Describe the simple, bonded obturation technique of the fitted gutta percha in the prepared canal.
- Be able to utilize the advantage of Hydraulic Condensation to prepare a quick post space in the canal, if needed.
PLEASE BRING ANY ACCESSED, EXTRACTED TEETH YOU MAY WANT TO WORK ON.
**This Hands-0n Workshop can be repeated on Saturday Morning
*Financial Relationship – Honorarium: Real World Endo; Material Support: Brasseler USA