Contemporary Endodontics for Recent Graduates & Refresher Course for Dentists: This presentation is geared toward the recent dental graduate who feels somewhat intimidated by endodontics. Most undergraduate dental schools have such busy curriculums that minimal time is devoted to clinical endodontics. Consequently, this session will be dedicated to such issues as practical diagnosis, the importance of straight-line access, when to refer, how to achieve profound anesthesia, minimization of iatrogenic errors, various instrumentation techniques and obturation options. This lecture will also help those experienced clinicians who still have questions about an individual technique or concept. This presentation will include a robust Q & A session.
- Conceptualize endodontics in a more circumferential manner and have a better comprehension of what well done endodontics can accomplish for their patient.
- Have a more thorough understanding of diagnosis, instrumentation, and obturation.
- Be able to diagnose and anesthetize “hot teeth.”
Precision Based Endodontics: This lecture will address endodontics from a restorative point of view and will take the participant on a journey that begins with endo-restorative concepts, then leads into access and three-dimensional ultrasonic cleaning. This will be followed by an introduction to the “Blend Technique,” which combines both heat-treated and non-heat-treated rotary files in an intuitive fashion. The session will conclude with an in-depth review of advanced bioceramic techniques in endodontics.
- Learn how rotary file design influences instrumentation safety and efficiency.
- Comprehend the advantages of heat-treated files.
- Understand how to best use heat-treated files
Real World Endodontic Training Hands-On Workshop: This hands-on session is a natural follow-up to Dr. Koch’s lectures. The presentation will begin with a brief review of the “Blend Technique” and then Dr. Koch will do a hands-on demonstration. She will demonstrate how to properly use heat-treated and non-heat-treated rotary files as well as demonstrate the best way to obturate with bioceramic technology. Participants will have the opportunity to use enhanced magnification and Dr. Koch will personally work with each individual.
- Predictably perform the Blend Technique in both simple and advanced cases.
- Have a more thorough understanding of what causes the separation of rotary files.
- Comprehend how to prevent separation of rotary files.
*Financial Relationship – Honorarium: Real World Endo; Material Support: Brasseler USA.