Lecture Presentation: This presentation is geared principally toward the recent dental graduate who feels somewhat intimidated by endodontics. Most undergraduate dental schools have such busy curriculums that minimal time is devoted to clinical endodontics. Consequently, this session will be dedicated to such issues as practical diagnosis, the importance of straight-line access, when to refer, how to achieve profound anesthesia, minimization of iatrogenic errors, various instrumentation techniques, and obturation options. This lecture will also help those experienced clinicians who still have questions about an individual technique or concept. This presentation will include a robust Q & A session.
• Able to conceptualize endodontics in a more circumferential manner and have a better comprehension of what well-done endodontics can accomplish for their patient.
• Have a more thorough understanding of diagnosis, instrumentation, and obturation.
• Capable to diagnose and anesthetize “hot teeth.”
Hands-on Session: This hands-on session is a natural follow-up to the previous lecture of the same name. The hands-on will begin with a review of how to prevent the separation of rotary files. A brief review of the “Blend Technique” will follow and then Dr. Koch will do a hands-on demonstration. She will demonstrate how to properly use heat-treated and non-heat-treated files rotary files (the Blend Technique) as well as demonstrating the best way to use bioceramic technology. Furthermore, this session will allow participants to review any technique or questions they may have with Dr. Koch. Following her demonstration, participants will practice the various techniques and Dr. Koch will personally work with each individual during the hands-on portion.
• Able to predictably perform rotary instrumentation utilizing a “Rhythm” motion.
• Have a more thorough understanding of what causes the separation of rotary files and how best to prevent them.
• Successfully obturate a tooth or block using the hydraulic condensation technique.
Financial Relationship – Honorarium: Real World Endo; Material Support: Brasseler USA.