Real World Endo – “The Institute Course” is an intense single day course that covers a broad spectrum of topics. This course will demystify endodontics, covering everything from logical diagnosis to hydraulic condensation. The approach of Real World Endo™ is entirely practical and this is an all-inclusive course for the general practitioner. Dr. Koch as the founder and creator of Real World Endo approaches endodontic education from a totally different perspective; that of the real-world clinician.
Participants will neither be intimidated – nor get seduced – by technology. The focus will be on combining the latest technology with long standing evidence based endodontic principles. The goal is to have all participants move safely from endodontics to the final restoration of the tooth. Dr. Koch created the concept of an, “Endo-Restorative Continuum,” so this course (naturally) will place great emphasis on hands-on sessions.
Annie will share with you strategies and techniques developed over years of clinical practice. These are time tested techniques that will work well for you too! Whether it is creating proper straight-line access, using the new “Blend” technique of rotary instrumentation that combines different metallurgy, or learning how to place non-destructive posts, participants will have the opportunity to actually practice these techniques each day in the lab.
During this lecture/hands-on experience participants will learn how to:
- Understand and perform a logical differential diagnosis
- Routinely anesthetize “Hot Teeth” effectively
- Visualize and create the “Ideal Access” preparation
- Fully understand the “Crown-Down” philosophy
- Appreciate and perform the new “Blend Technique” of rotary instrumentation
- Perform “Great Endodontics” without destroying the tooth
- Fill root canals using a bioceramic technique and hydraulic condensation
- Perform predictable pulp caps and pulpotomies using bioceramic putty.
- Effectively use ultrasonic technology in your endodontics
- Perform “Painless Endodontics” in your practice
The course places great emphasis on the hands-on sessions so bringing extracted teeth is a must. We strongly recommend 6-8 extracted, accessed teeth. Ideally two molars, two pre-molars and a few others.