Nearly 28 years after the introduction of Nickel Titanium Rotary Files to endodontics, we’ve learned much about the clinical strengths and
limitations of these great instruments. As a result of recent improvements in metallurgy, enhanced designs, and innovative protocols, we now need to understand how
these changes affect clinical instrumentation. We now have both heat-treated and non-heat treated rotary files. They each possess different properties and both have
distinct indications for use, as well as limitations. Dr. Koch believes that these improvements should be employed to their utmost advantage. Consequently, a blended
technique has been developed that combines the advantages of both heat-treated and non-heat treated files into one Awesome Endodontic Technique!!! A technique
that is completely intuitive by design!
At the conclusion of this presentation, participants will:
1. Discover how the “Blend Technique” is completely intuitive in its design.
2. Recognize the advantages of enhanced irrigation techniques utilizing various new solutions.
3. Fully understand the benefits of piezoelectric ultrasonics in both access and three-dimensional irrigation.
4. Fully acknowledge the benefits of bioceramic obturation and the incorporation of matching posts.
5. Appreciate that ‘Great Endodontics’ can be accomplished in both a safe and predictable manner. The key is to combine new technology with long
established, evidence-based endodontic principles.