Your privacy concerns are important to our Website. This Policy is designed to provide you with the information you need to control your personal information.
- You may use our Website as long as you provide us the required information which identifies you, such as your name, address, office phone number, school you graduated from, field of practice, title, and similar information. We refer to these types of information as “Personally Identifying Information”. To use certain portions of the Website, you will need to register with this information in order to gain access. Your user name is not considered Personally Identifying Information and you will have the ability to show only your username or publicly displayed name on the Message Board forums and remain anonymous if you choose so. You are responsible for ensuring that your user name and password are not used without your authorization. You can change or review your Personally Identifying Information by accessing this information through your account settings.
- We may request general information, such as your State and zip code, in order to identify the sponsor for your area, and for statistical purposes. For convenience, this information may be stored on your hard drive in a “cookie file.” If you wish to block or delete such files, most browsers provide a method for doing so; however, you will be restricted from logging in to our Website. This type of general information, as well as information concerning the websites from which users visit our site, and other similar information, may be provided to third parties in aggregate form.
- We reserve the right to use, without Personally Identifying Information, any questions, comments, photos, or other information submitted by users, in electronic or print materials, or magazine articles, commentaries, research or similar ways. Users may be identified by user name or publicly displayed name.
- We will use Personally Identifying Information provided by you for the purpose for which it is given to us. For example, to respond to a request for further information, or to have a Sponsor contact you at your request. It also may be used by us, or by entities with which we contract, for transmission of newsletters and advertisements in which you may be interested, and for such other purposes that are disclosed at the time the information is given. If you receive information that you do not wish to receive, please contact us or follow the instructions for removing your name from the circulation list for that item.
- RealWorldEndo’s policy is that our Websites may be used only by healthcare professionals who are over the age of 18. We do not collect any information from children. However, if a parent learns that a child has submitted Personally Identifying Information to our website, the parent should contact us and that information will be deleted.
- While RealWorldEndo.com makes every attempt to prevent unauthorized persons from accessing our files or tampering with our website, we cannot guarantee that these efforts will always be successful or that your information will not be lost, misused or altered. We are not responsible for any breach of security or any action by a third party that receives the information.
- California law permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal Personally Identifying Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective June 1, 2013